Friday, January 27, 2012

BATTLE: Covergirl Clean Powder VS. Rimmel London Stay Matte Powder

             




      VS  





It's battle time!  Today I decided to compare these two popular drugstore pressed powders since I have used them both and heard them being raved about.  Let's start with Covergirl's Clean Pressed Powder!

COVERGIRL
What it promises:

-shine-free formula that helps minimize the appearance of pores
-make skin look soft and smooth
-hypoallergenic
-won't clog pores
-Non-acnegenic/comedogenic
-Available in sensitive skin and oil control
-to be able to wear alone or over makeup

What it actually does:

The Covergirl Clean Pressed Powder that I have personally used was the one for sensitive skin.  This is the one in the green package.  I find that it does make me shine free as I do have combination dry and oily skin.  It doesn't over dry my dry spots and it keeps my oily spots matte. I will say that no face powder that I have ever used has helped minimize the appearance of my pores, well none that I can recall. The only downfall that I could find was that it would cake up over my foundation. I would not wear this product alone but I'm sure if you have good skin that you could.  Me on the other hand, I do not have such great skin so, I wouldn't dare try it.  One weird thing is that I absolutely love the smell of this product.  I know that a lot of people don't but I find it to be well, refreshing!  It's a good clean smell!

STARS(1-5): 3.75

RIMMEL LONDON
What it promises:

-controls shine up to five hours
-matte natural finish

-helps to minimize to appearance of pores

What it actually does:

I've heard so many people rave about this product so I had to put down my Covergirl and give it a go!  I have to say that yes, it lasted maybe four hours.  Saying five is pushing it.  Like I mentioned in the Covergirl section, I have combination oily/dry skin.  For a girl like me, if I hear many people rave about this product staying matte I've got to try it.  I was a little upset that it didn't last longer without reapplying it but it didn't cake up as much as the Covergirl did. It doesn't have much of a smell to it either.  Which in the long run you don't really need your makeup to have a scent!  Back to the promises, it does give you a very natural finish.  It didn't minimize my pores either.  Rimmel London has impressed me with so many of there products.  A lot of them that I would compare to high-end brands but this one, not so much.  If it was the only face powder that I could find, I'd repurchase.  All in all, it kept me matte for a small amount of time and was a light coverage.

STARS(1-5): 1.75

Winner: Covergirl Clean Powder

I would like to add that these are my opinions based on how these products reacted with my skin type.  You may have a different experience so give these a try yourself!  Find out which one suits you better!

xoxo

Questions, feel free to ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment